If you have ever wondered how you can delicious pumpkin spice pancakes paleo-friendly, I have the perfect paleo pumpkin pancake recipe for you! These are so perfect for fall and winter they will be sure to put you in a festive spirit.
I also want to show you different ways you can make them accordingly to your goals and lifestyle preferences. You’d be surprised of all the options. And lastly I even have some great tips and resources on how to attain the fluffiest pancakes ever! These tips truly transformed my pancakes and best of all they can be applied to any type of pancake!
What Kind of Variations You Can Make
Now if you are a true pumpkin lover as I am, you’ll want to know the different ways you can make them as well with minor variations. For example for wheat pancakes substitute the flour with whole wheat flour! Instead of honey, you can also use brown sugar.
Remove the paleo off paleo pumpkin spice pancakes
For more of “regular” style, reduce the amount of eggs to 2 or 3, add 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract and nutmeg along with a cup of buttermilk and you got yourself another delicious style! Just keep in mind they will no longer be paleo friendly but if that’s okay go ahead and give it a try! I encourage you to customize them to your preference and lifestyle. I’ve done them all 3 ways and they’ve always turned out super delicious.
How do you make the pancakes fluffy?
Separate egg whites!
I get this question quite a bit so it’s important to share these important things to do and not do in order to get the most fluffy pancakes. First you’ll want to separate the egg whites! I learned this one way too late in life, ha!
Next, don’t overmix the batter. Since my son likes to help with baking a lot, sometimes we can’t help this from happening. My little love just is really excited and likes to mix! However his little arms usually get tired before it’s overmixed thankfully.
Only flip once
Another one is to only flip your pancakes once. I used to be a big offender of this once upon of time. Like I couldn’t resist just looking at them waiting for the batter to bubble. Which bring me to my next one, wait until you see it bubbling to flip the pancake!
Let your batter rest!
I since have learned you can’t rush the most delicious thing. Lastly let your batter rest. A good 10 minutes at least should do the trick. These are among the most important tips! You can also read more about how to get the most fluffy pancakes tips.
Did you know most of these? Head over to my Instagram and send me a DM to let me know! You can also check out more breakfast recipes of mine. Be sure to check back as I add more and more recipes every month!
Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes
- 6 Large Eggs
- 2/3 Cups Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 1/2 Cup Almond flour
- 1/2 Cup Coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8th tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp. Coconut Oil, divided
- 1 Banana-thinly sliced
- 1/3 Cup Pecans, chopped
- Optional Maple Syrup
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin puree, and honey until thoroughly combined.
- Ina separate bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the egg mixture and gently fold the two together until blended.
- Heat one tablespoon coconut oil in a large griddle over medium heat. Once hot, spoon2-3 tablespoons per pancake and cook for 3 minutes on the first side, then flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side. Repeat this process with remaining coconut oil and pancake batter.
- To serve, stack 2-3 pancakes per serving and top with sliced bananas, chopped pecans, and a drizzle of maple syrup, if desired. Enjoy!