Who doesnt love a good Mexican breakfast? This is one of my absolute favorite breakfast recipes to make. I seriously make it at least once a week. Even my toddler began asking for it. The only difference in his is the lack of serrano peppers. I simply set pico de gallo aside for his enquesadas prior to adding the chopped serrano peppers.
Here is how you can make and enjoy it also. Friendly reminder you can always click on Jump to Recipe on top to take you straight to the recipe card.
All ingredient portion used are suggestions therefore tailoring to taste is highly encouraged. Some people prefer to place beans on the side as opposed to the inside fyi. For another tasty Mexican breakfast recipe check out my red chilaquiles!
And if you make either, head over to my Instagram and tell me how it went. I would love to hear if you made any changes or loved it as is. You can also leave a comment below. Enjoy!
Steps to an easy Mexican Breakfast:
1) Dice the tomatoes, onion, serrano pepper as if you’re making pico de gallo. (See image) Add salt and pepper and mix.
2) Beats eggs and insert tortilla to cover then fry in oil pan. I personally use vegetable oil when frying.
3) Place tortilla on plate and cover the center only with beans. (Don’t cover the whole tortilla to prevent over filling.)
4) Add a dab of pico de gallo. (See image)
5) Add a sprinkle of queso fresco. (See image) If you aren’t familiar with queso fresco, it crumbles very easily which is what you will be doing.
6) Lastly roll the tortilla while retaining ingredients inside.
7) Repeat the steps for each!
Feel free to print the recipe card below!
Enquesadas! An Easy and Delicious Mexican Breakfast Recipe
- 6 Tortillas
- 3 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 1/4 Onion
- 1-2 Serrano Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Vegetable oil
- 1 Queso Fresco
- 1 Can Beans
- Dice tomatoes, onion, and serrano peppers to make pico de gallo. Add salt and pepper to taste. Keep in mind serranos are spicy therefore only add two if you love spice.
- Beat eggs in a small, wide bowl.
- Coat a tortillas in egg and immediately place in a frying pan. Allow tortilla to submerge for several seconds. Tip: Use a spatula to submerge and while you want eggs to cook, your tortilla needs to remain soft therefore take out prior to getting crisp.
- Cook beans according to package instructions.
- Spread beans on fried tortilla.
- Add a spoonful of pico de gallo.
- Crumble queso fresco to cover tortilla or to taste.
- Wrap your tortilla to make a taquito. You may need push ingredients as you wrap.
- Repeat this for the next 5 tortillas.
- Add any pico left overs to the top and crumble more queso fresco to cover 3 tortillas. (Each serving is 3.)