1/4 of a Serrano pepper
1/2 Queso fresco
6 corn tortillas
Beans of choice
Olive oil or oil of choice
Salt & pepper to taste
*serving size for 2. All ingredients used are suggestions therefore tailor to taste is highly encouraged.
1) Dice the tomatoes, onion, serrano pepper as if you’re making pico de gallo. (See image) Add salt and pepper and mix.
2) Beats eggs and insert tortilla to cover then fry in oil pan. I personally use extra virgin olive oil.
3) Place tortilla on plate and cover the center only with beans. (Don’t cover the whole tortilla to prevent over filling.)
4) Add a dab of pico de gallo. (See image)
5) Add a sprinkle of queso fresco. (See image) If you aren’t familiar with queso fresco, it crumbles very easily which is what you will be doing.
6) Lastly roll the tortilla while retaining ingredients inside.
7) Repeat the steps for each!
This is a weekend staple in my house for breakfast. It’s simple, delicious and filling. Some people prefer to place beans on the side as opposed to the inside fyi. I hope you enjoy it! Let me know what you think in the comments below.